As we know every coin has its two sides and every treatment has its pros and cons. Before going for the treatment you must know about risks of IVF treatment. Risk after IVF treatment include:-
- Chances of miscarriage in natural pregnancy and pregnancy from IVF treatment are same but when a frozen embryo is transferred into uterus then chances of miscarriage are increased.
- Women undergoing IVF treatment can give multiple births.
- Approximately 2 to 5 percent of women face ectopic pregnancy in which fertilized egg is not able to survive outside the female body and there is no way to continue a pregnancy.
- Some researchers show that baby born with IVF treatment will bear early or will not have sufficient body weight.
- Using aspirating needle to collect eggs can cause bleeding, damage or infection to a bladder, blood vessel or bowel.
- Use of HCG ( Human Chorionic Gonadotropin ) can cause pain and swell in an ovary.